Swiss Mountain RailwaysPlaces Covered : Zurich - Lucerne - Chur - Zermatt - Interlaken
DAY 1 – ARRIVE ZURICH AIRPORT - TRANSFER TO LUCERNE HOTEL: EXCURSION TO MT. RIGI
Check-in to your hotel in Lucerne.
Start your travel and explore Mt. Rigi from Lucerne
Mount Rigi–Queen of the mountains: Mount Rigi mountain in central Switzerland, bordering Lucerne, and the Swiss Alps. It's a typical Swiss green landscape with meadows, forests and grazing cows. Since 1871, it is well connected by cogwheel train. Rigi Kulm is the highest point (1798 m) and offers great views of Lake Lucerne, the Alps in the south and the plains in the north, all the way to Germany
Overnight stay in Lucerne
DAY 2 – LUCERNE: EXCURSION MT. TITLIS WITH ICE FLYER AND LAKE LUCERNE CRUISE
After breakfast, explore full day Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer And Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise
Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer: Mount Titlis – at 3020 m /10’000 ft. From Lucerne the train takes you to the mountain monestry village Engelberg where you board a gondola which takes you up to the Trübsee. You continue your trip by another gondola to Stand and finally the first revolving Titlis Rotair cablecar takes you up to Mount Titlis. For a spectacular, close-up insight into a glacier, visit the glacier cave and ride the Ice Flyer chairlift. And get your thrills on the TITLIS Cliff Walk, a spectacular Suspension bridge at a height of 3041 m/10'000 ft. highest point (1798 m) and offers great views of Lake Lucerne,
Evening you can explore Chaple Bridge, Lucerne Old Town, Lion’s Monument, 600 Years old historical building walking distance from your hotel. Later enjoy Lake Lucerne boat cruise, roundtrip with scenic views of Alps.
Overnight stay in Lucerne
DAY 3 – LUCERNE TO ZERMATT TRANSFER: GLACIER EXPRESS SCENIC TRAIN JOURNEY
Today after breakfast, continue your rail journey from Lucerne to Zermatt, via St. Moritz.
Glacier Express Scenic Train Journey from St. Moritz / Chur to Zermatt It traverses the 291 Kilometre long (181 Miles) journey through the center of the Swiss Alps, over 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels.
Arrive Zermatt, and check-in to your hotel.
Overnight stay in Zermatt.
DAY 4 – ZERMATT: EXCURSION TO GORNERGRAT (MATTERHORN VIEW) - EUROPE’S HIGHEST OPEN AIR COGWHEEL RAILWAY
Continue to explore popular Gornergrat Bahn, Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9339 m away. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m, including the front view of Matterhorn mountain peak.
Overnight stay in Zermatt.
DAY 5 – ZERMATT TO INTERLAKEN TRANSFER BY TRAIN: VISIT LAKE THUN BOAT CRUISE, WITH OBERHOFEN CASTLE OR OPTIONAL TOUR OF JUNGFRAUJOCH - TOP OF EUROPE.
Today after breakfast, transfer to Interlaken and check-In To Your Hotel.
Optional Tour: This day you can explore optional tour of Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe. Or continue to explore Interlaken for rest of the day.
A cruise on the clear, blue waters of Lake Thun amid the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is an unforgettable experience. Reach Oberhofen Castle, which is 13th-century old Castle & Gardens with a museum of Bernese culture & a smoking parlor. Later return back by the same direction.
Overnight Stay in Interlaken.
DAY 6 – INTERLAKEN : : DAY TRIP TO BERN – SWISS CAPITAL & VISIT EINSTEIN MUSEUM
Today after Breakfast, explore Day trip to Bern., capital city of Switzerland and explore the old town of Bern, UNESCO World Heritage Site and thanks to its 6 kilometres of arcades - the locals refer to them as 'Lauben' - boasts on the longest weather-sheltered shopping promenades in Europe. Also visit Historical Einstein Museum and Einstein House, where Albert Einstein (1879–1955) was living when his theory of relativity turned our perceptions of space and time upside down.
Overnight stay in Interlaken.
DAY 7 – INTERLAKEN HOTEL - ZURICH AIRPORT
After breakfast, transfer from Interlaken Hotel to Zurich Airport for your flight back home or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
Tour Price Includes
- 2 Nights stay in Lucerne, with breakfast
- 2 Nights stay in Zermatt, with breakfast
- 2 Nights stay in Interlaken, with breakfast
- Full Day Excursions to Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer
- Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise
- Excursion to Mt. Rigi – Queen of Swiss Mountains
- Full Day Excursion to Gornergrat, Matterhorn View
- Glacier Express Scenic Train Journey, with Seat Reservation
- Day Trip to Bern, Swiss Capital with Einstein Museum entry
- Lake Thun Boat Cruise, with Oberhofen Castle Visit, Interlaken
- Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days in 2nd class
- Travel Kit with Swiss Maps, all necessary documents and complete information
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fares.
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides other than which is mentioned in “Tour Cost Includes" are excluded.