Bernina Express 01Places Covered : Chur – Bernina Express – Lugano
DAY 1 – Arrival In Chur
Arrival in Chur by train. Visit Switzerland’s oldest town, the gateway between north and south. Numerous boutiques, restaurants, bars, museums and galleries create a mediterranean flair in the car-free old town. The local mountain, Brambrüesch, can be reached directly from the city center by cable car.
Overnight in Chur.
DAY 2 – Bernina Express Chur – Lugano (9h)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage Route. Enjoy an alpine rail journey that will take you from the high glaciers of the mountains south to Lugano. The Bernina Express is the highest railway line across the Alps and connects Northern and Southern Europe in a spectacular way. You travel over the Bernina Pass and the open hairpin loop at Brusio to Tirano (Italy). Time for lunch or a stroll. Onward journey with the Bernina Express bus through the Valtellina and along Lake Como to Lugano.
Overnight in Lugano.
DAY 3 – Lugano And Return Journey
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in Lugano. A charming paradise on the shores of Lago di Lugano. Palm trees, a romantic lakeside promenade and a beautiful old town. A stay in the beautiful Ticino is pure relaxation. Paul Klee, Franz Kafka, Hermann Hesse and even Giacomo Casanova was attracted to the lovely town. Just as we recommend an excursion to Monte Generoso.
Individual return journey.
Tour Price Includes
- Swiss Travel Pass Flex 3 days 2nd class
- Seat reservation in the Bernina Express (train + coach)
- 1 night in Chur, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- 1 night in Lugano, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- 50% discount on most mountain railways, free entry at more than 500 museums (only valid on a selected travel day)
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.