Glacier Express Train
Glacier Express Train Journey:
The journey in what has been dubbed the world’s slowest express train takes travellers across the Alps within roughly eight hours, passing through 91 tunnels and over 291 bridges.
The Glacier Express offers a journey for the senses – from Engadine right to the Matterhorn. On its relaxing drive from dazzling St. Moritz to equally sophisticated Zermatt, the Glacier Express delights travellers with scenic attractions and technical state-of-the-art achievements. With its overhight panoramic windows, the Glacier Express opens up unobstructed views of unique landscapes.
A rail journey through the Swiss Alps has never been so luxurious. With guaranteed window seats, an exclusive bar, on-board entertainment, a concierge service and personal travel guides, the Glacier Express Excellence Class is setting new standards. The journey between St. Moritz and Zermatt is a feast for the senses: while the spectacular landscape passes by outside, guests are served champagne and amuse-bouches – followed by an exquisite five-course meal with accompanying wine.
With this new service, the Glacier Express offers one of the most exclusive rolling touristic highlights in Switzerland. Reservations for the most sought-after seats in Switzerland can be booked on request.
Fare: 1st class ticket plus seat reservation. Surcharge on 1st class ticket: CHF 420. Seat reservation is required for each Excellence Class guest including children from 0–16 years of age.
Facts Glacier Express
Route: Zermatt – St. Moritz or vice versa
Distance: 291 km
Duration: 8 h 03 min
– Matterhorn glacier paradise – a view of French, Italian and Swiss mountain giants from a vantage point of almost 4000 m
– Gornergrat – a view onto the Matterhorn and 28 other four-thousand-meter-peaks from a vantage point of 3131 m
– Rhine Gorge – Exploring the «Grand Canyon» of Switzerland between Ilanz and Reichenau on foot, by bike or by rafting boat
– Lake Sils – at 1800 m, Europe’s highest altitude regular scheduled passenger boat service
– Corvatsch – the eastern Alpine region’s highest altitude summit station at 3303 m. A paradise for skiers and hikers
Food & Beverages
– Food served at passenger’s seat
– 1st and 2nd class: Lunch served at the seat (3-course meal CHF 45 / dish of the day CHF 32 / à la carte)
– Excellence Class: 5-course meal at the seat as well as aperitif at the bar included
– Catering is available on the train and can be booked together with seat reservation
- Rates are different for Part Journey and Full Jounrey of train.
- Train Seat Reservation is Mandatory, and can be done additionally.
- Any services which are not mentioned in train tour inclusions, are excluded.