Best of Switzerland TourPlaces Covered : Zurich - Lucerne - Zermatt - St. Moritz - Lugano - Interlaken - Bern - Geneva
DAY 1 – ARRIVE ZURICH - TRANSFER TO LUCERNE HOTEL
Arrive at Zurich Airport and transfer to Lucerne. Check-in to your hotel in Lucerne
Start your travel and explore Mt. Rigi from Lucerne
Mount Rigi–Queen of the mountains: Mount Rigi mountain in central Switzerland, bordering Lucerne, and the Swiss Alps. It's a typical Swiss green landscape with meadows, forests and grazing cows. Since 1871, it is well connected by cogwheel train. Rigi Kulm is the highest point (1798 m) and offers great views of Lake Lucerne, the Alps in the south and the plains in the north, all the way to Germany.
Overnight stay in Lucerne.
DAY 2 – LUCERNE: EXCURSION MT. TITLIS WITH ICE FLYER AND LAKE LUCERNE CRUISE
After breakfast, explore full day Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer And Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise
Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer: Mount Titlis – at 3020 m /10’000 ft. From Lucerne the train takes you to the mountain monestry village Engelberg where you board a gondola which takes you up to the Trübsee. You continue your trip by another gondola to Stand and finally the first revolving Titlis Rotair cablecar takes you up to Mount Titlis. For a spectacular, close-up insight into a glacier, visit the glacier cave and ride the Ice Flyer chairlift. And get your thrills on the TITLI S Cliff Walk, a spectacular Suspension bridge at a height of 3041 m/10'000 ft. highest point (1798 m) and offers great views of Lake Lucerne,
Evening you can explore Chaple Bridge, Lucerne Old Town, Lion’s Monument, 600 Years old historical building walking distance from your hotel. Later enjoy Lake Lucerne boat cruise, roundtrip with scenic views of Alps.
Overnight stay in Lucerne.
DAY 3 – LUCERNE TO ZERMATT TRANSFER BY TRAIN 2ND CLASS : EXCURSION GORNERGRAT (MATTERHORN VIEW) - EUROPE’S HIGHEST OPEN AIR COGWHEEL RAILWAY
Today after breakfast, transfer to Zermatt and check-In To Your Hotel.
Continue to explore popular Gornergrat Bahn, Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9339 m away. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m, including the front view of Matterhorn mountain peak.
Overnight stay in Zermatt.
DAY 4 – ZERMATT TO ST. MORITZ BY GLACIER EXPRESS
After breakfast, transfer from Zermatt to st.moritz and board Glacier Express Train from Zermatt to St. Moritz. Enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world, which is 8 hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Moritz.
check-in to your hotel in st. Moritz.
Overnight stay in St.Moritz.
DAY 5 – ST.MORITZ TO LUGANO TRANSFER: BY BERNINA EXPRESS
Today after breakfast, transfer from Lugano to Tirano (by Bernina Express Train), and Tirano to Lugano (by Bernina Express Bus).
You travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from the high, towering glaciers of the mountains down to the swaying palms of Italy: the Bernina Express is the highest railway line across the Alps, linking Northern and Southern Europe – and this in the most spectacular way! Arrive Lugano, and check-in to your hotel.
Overnight stay in Lugano.
DAY 6 – LUGANO TO GENEVA TRANSFER BY TRAIN 2ND CLASS : MORNING VISIT SWISS MINIATURE PARK IN LUGANO / AFTERNOON VISIT LAKE GENEVA BOAT CRUISE
Morning visit Explore Swiss Miniature Park from Lugano. Swiss miniature is an open-air miniature park located on the shore of Lake Lugano.
Transfer To Geneva and check-in to your hotel. Later you can enjoy Lake Geneva boat cruise.
Overnight stay in Geneva.
DAY 7 – GENEVA: MORNING TRIP TO BROC & GRUYERES FOR CHEESE & CHOCOLATE FACTORIES AFTERNOON VISIT CHILLON CASTLE, MONTREUX
Today after breakfast, continue to visit the most popular Swiss cheese and chocolate factories, for demo and tasting. Broc is popular for Maison Cailler chocolate factory and Gruyeres for La Maison du Gruyère, cheese diary.
Continue your journey towards Montreux and Chillon Castle. Inside the castle there are several recreations of the interiors of some of the main rooms including the grand bedroom, hall, and cave stores. Inside the castle itself there are four great halls, three courtyards, and a series of bedrooms open to the public.
Later by evening return back to your hotel in Geneva.
Overnight stay in Geneva.
DAY 8 – GENEVA TO INTERLAKEN TRANSFER: GENEVA TO TRANSFER BY TRAIN EXCURSION TO JUNGFRAUJOCH - TOP OF EUROPE
After breakfast, transfer from Geneva to Interlaken and check-in to your hotel.
Continue for excursion to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe. The Jungfrau Railway takes you upto the Jungfraujoch – at 3454 m / 11’333 ft the highest railway station in Europe. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Aletsch Glacier,the longest glacier in the Alps.
Overnight stay in Interlaken.
DAY 9 – INTERLAKEN : INTERLAKEN: MORNING ENJOY GOLDEN PASS LINE TRAIN JOURNEY / VISIT TO BERN, SWISS CAPITAL & UNESCO LISTED SITE / AFTERNOON LAKE THUN BOAT CRUISE WITH OBERHORN CASTEL VISIT
After breakfast, continue to explore Golden Pass line scenic train journey towards Zweisimmen. From there continue your journey by regular Swiss train towards Bern. Explore the capital of Switzerland - Bern. Travel from Interlaken to Bern, capital city of Switzerland and explore the old town of Bern, UNESCO World Heritage Site and thanks to its 6 kilometres of arcades - the locals refer to them as 'Lauben' - boasts on the longest weather-sheltered shopping promenades in Europe.
Afternoon return back to Interlaken, and reach Interlaken West and enjoy one of the best lakes, Lake Thun boat cruise of Interlaken. A cruise on the clear, blue waters of Lake Thun amid the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is an unforgettable experience. Reach Oberhofen Castle, which is 13th-century old Castle & Gardens with a museum of Bernese culture & a smoking parlor.
Overnight stay in Interlaken.
DAY 10 – INTERLAKEN TO ZURICH TRANSFER : VISIT TO RHINE FALLS – EUROPE’S LARGEST WATERFALL
Today after breakfast, transfer from Interlaken to Zurich by train 2nd Class. Check-in to your hotel in Zurich and continue your travel by train from Zurich main station via Winterthur to Schaffhausen to see the famous Rhine Falls – Europe's largest waterfall.
Overnight stay in Zurich.
DAY 11 – ZURICH HOTEL – ZURICH AIRPORT TRANSFERS
Today after breakfast, check-out from your hotel and transfer towards Zurich Airport for your flight back home, or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
Tour Price Includes
- All transfers within Switzerland by train, as per the Itinerary.
- 2 nights stay in Lucerne, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 1 night stay in Zermatt, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 1 nights stay in St. Moritz, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 1 nights stay in Lugano, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 2 night stay in Geneva, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 2 nights stay in Interlaken, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- 1 night stay in Zurich, room with private facilities, bath or shower/WC.
- Daily Breakfast at your hotel of stay.
- Excursion to Mt. Titlis, with Ice Flyer
- Excursion to Mt. Rigi and Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise.
- Seat reservation in Glacier Express Scenic Train.
- Seat reservation in Golden Pass Line Scenic Train.
- Seat reservation in Bernina Express Scenic Train+Coach
- Visit to Swiss Miniature Theme Park, Lugano
- Excursion to Gornergrat - Matterhorn View.
- Visit to Lausanne, Montreux and Chillon Castle
- Lake Geneva Boat Cruise
- Day trip to Broc & Gruyeres for Cheese diary and chocolate factory
- Day trip to Bern – Swiss Capital & UNESCO Listed site.
- Excursion to Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe.
- Lake Thun Boat Cruise with Oberhofen Castel visit, Interlaken
- Excursion to Rhine Falls – Europe’s Largest Waterfall
- Swiss Travel Pass for 15 Days in 2nd Class, for all transfers within Switzerland.
- Travel Kit with Swiss Maps, all necessary documents and complete information.
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares.
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides other than which is mentioned in “Tour Cost Includes" are excluded.