SWISS TRAVEL PASS
Places Covered: All Switzerland
Duration: Available for 3, 4, 8 or 15 Consecutive or Flexible Travel Days
Tour Cost: CHF 232
The Swiss Travel Pass is available in two types: Continuous where you can choose 3,4 8 or 15 consecutive days of travel from your first date of travel or Flexible, for the same amount of days but allowing you to freely select the days you wish to travel within a one period month, from time of validation.
Most trains in Switzerland do not require reservations. You can simply board with your rail pass and take any available seat. Reservations are required on scenic trains like the Bernina Express, Chocolate Train, Glacier Express and the Gotthard Panorama Express. They are also required for international trains.
Nestled in the heart of Europe, Switzerland is a country renowned for its unparalleled beauty and cultural diversity. It also has some of the most magnificent train routes in the world, and the Swiss Travel Pass allows you to embrace them all.
With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel on trains, buses, cable cars and boats to reach popular cities such as Bern, Basel, Geneva, Interlaken, Lucerne , Innsbruck, Zurich and Lausanne as well as the country’s greatest natural highlight, the Swiss Alps.
The pass gives you flexibility in your travels as you can hop on and off trains, buses or ferries at your chosen stops. In general, you can show up at the nearest train station ready to explore a new destination. However, please note that some scenic trains require a seat reservation in advance.
The Swiss Travel Pass also gives free access to local public transits, museums, as well as discounted city tours. A very popular option for families, the Swiss Travel Pass and accompanying Swiss Family Card, allows children between the ages of 6 and 16, accompanied by at least one parent or guardian, to travel free of charge. The Swiss Travel Pass can be used in printed format or on mobile, with a barcode.
IMPORTANT: With a Swiss Travel Pass Flex, the attachment you receive in your booking confirmation email is only a receipt and NOT a valid travel document. With this pass, you need to activate your travel days on activateyourpass.com and then you will be given valid tickets for each activated travel day. These can be shown either in printed form or on a mobile device when tickets are being checked. Activated travel days can be changed any number of times up until the selected travel day.
Once the pass has been booked and issued, the start date on the pass cannot be changed.
What is included?
· Unlimited travel on train, bus and boats in Switzerland
· Unlimited travel on premium panorama trains: Glacier Express, Bernina Express, Golden Pass MOB, Gotthard Panorama Express and Luzern-Interlaken Express (seat reservations cost extra)
· Unlimited use of public transit in more than 90 towns and cities
· Free admission to more than 500 museums
· Free mountain excursions to Rigi, Stanserhorn, Brunni, Klewenalp and Stoos as well as 50% off excursions to Jungfraujoch and 25% off the Top of Europe trip.
· Passholder discount fares on high-speed Lyria trains between France and Switzerland
· Passholder discount fares on Nightjet routes that go through Switzerland
For Swiss Travel Pass - 2021 Rates, visit: